As part of the Municipal Government Act (MGA) Review, all related regulations will be reviewed to support a modernized MGA and to ensure alignment with the amendments approved by the Legislature.
Given the complexity of the regulations yet to be posted for public review and comment, Municipal Affairs is staggering the posting of those regulations to ensure Albertans are provided sufficient time to review and provide feedback the changes in those regulations. The regulations are being posted until September 22, 2017.
The regulations fall under the following three broad policy themes:
Governance and Administration
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Regulation **New**
- Council and Council Committee Meetings Regulation **New**
- Code of Conduct for Elected Officials Regulation **New**
- Crowsnest Pass Regulation
Determination of Population Regulation
- Planning and Development
- Off-site Levies Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Forms Regulation
- Canmore Undermining Review Regulation
- Canmore Undermining Exemption from Liability Regulation
- Community Aggregate Payment Levy Regulation
Assessment and Taxation
- Matters Relating to Assessment Sub-Classes Regulation **New**
- Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment and Taxation Regulation and Preliminary List of Major Plants
- Matters Relating to Assessment Complaints Regulation
Check out the full draft regulations on the MGA Review website, along with descriptions of what is proposed. You are welcomed to give your feedback by September 22, 2017 on this second group of regulations.