The Local Government Administration Association (LGAA) is an organization whose membership is made up of municipal administrative personnel.
The Local Government Administration Association is recognized for the outstanding services it provides for its members, and promotes and is proactive in “Striving for Excellence, in Municipal Administration.”
Develop a broad base of highly qualified municipal employees through networking and knowledge enhancement opportunities.
In addition, serving as spokesperson for its members to the Provincial Government and liaise with other agencies and organizations in the area of municipal administration.
- Facilitate networking and information sharing among members and agencies
- Organize an annual provincial conference
- Support zone activities
- Represent local government administration
- Provide timely information, workshops, services and resources to meet members changing needs and expectations
- Continually increase and strengthen our membership base
- Raise the profile of a career in local government
Success To Us Means
- Strong membership awareness and involvement, throughout Alberta
- High level of member satisfaction
- Partnerships with other agencies and organizations
- Long term financial stability
- Valued, pro-active involvement in the decision making of the provincial government and other municipal agencies and organizations.